I love this simple taste; sometimes I add black pepper or curry powder to make it different. If you add a little more water to it, you can also serve it as a dip.
- 200g (7oz) shelled frozen edamame
- (500g/17½oz with shell)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Boil the edamame until soft.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. If the texture is too hard, you can add 1 tablespoon soymilk or water.
- Serve with toasted bread or gluten-free bread.
Tip: You can add your favourite flavour, such as black pepper, curry powder or cumin powder.
This recipe is from my first cookbook ” Cooking With Soy”
There are also more exiting tofu recipes in my latest book ” Japanese superfoods”
Best way of leaning cooking? Please come and join my healthy vegetarian / vegan cooking classes in Sydney!
We offer gluten free cooking, traditional and modern Japanese cooking and more. Let’s cook together!!