Tofu tomato marinade
Grate fresh tomato onto tofu with basil. This makes a fantastic summer delight!
Perfect for entertaining your guests as well!
- 1 tube tofu
- 2 ripened large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Some pepper
- Some small basil leaves
1. To remove the excess water from tofu, place enough water to cover the tofu in a small pan
and bring to the boil. Place the tofu gently into the pot, and reduce the heat and simmer
for 10 minutes.Drain and set aside.
2. When the tofu is cool, slice the tofu into 1cm (¼in) slices and place onto the plate.
3. Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl.
4. Pour the marinade over the tofu and place in a fridge.
5. Just before serving, grate the tomato onto the tofu and sprinkle over the basil leaves.
Tip: You can use 1 packet of silken tofu (about 300g/10½oz) instead of tube tofu.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
Please come and join my healthy Japanese superfoods cooking class in Sydney. We offer vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free cooking classes that are filled with tasty and easy recipes. You will learn not only cooking skills and tips but also how to use Japanese ancient wisdom on a daily basis for your health, energy, and beauty! Don’t be afraid to make it a group event, team building cooking classes, hens party cooking classes and other group classes are available, the more the merrier! Join my cooking class from HERE or leave me an inquiry HERE.
You don’t live in Sydney?