Soy and Mushroom Pâté
This pâté is my favourite. Adding just a touch of porcini mushroom gives it a deeper flavour. It is perfect for a picnic or to simply enjoy with your favourite bread and a glass of wine.
- 250g (9oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried porcini mushroom
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cooked soybeans
- ½ teaspoon tamari
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Soak the porcini with 1 tablespoon water. Keep the water.
- Chop the porcini and set it aside.
- Heat the frying pan over a low heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil and garlic.
- Sauté the garlic slowly to infuse the flavour and aroma then add mushroom, porcini and ¼ teaspoon sea salt, and sauté over a medium heat until mushroom turns soft.
- Add the porcini water and cook further until water is almost gone.
- Place the mushroom, soybeans, ¼ teaspoon of salt, tamari, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon oil in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with your favourite bread.