Garlic Butter Edamame
This recipe literally takes 5 minutes or less to make. You can cook it in a frying pan or in the oven if you are using the oven for another dish.
- 200g (7oz) frozen edamame
- 1 tablespoon non-hydrogenated non-dairy butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic flakes
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt
- Pour boiling water onto edamame and drain.
- Place the butter and garlic flakes in a frying pan and heat over medium heat; sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the edamame and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Alternatively, preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Line the baking tray with baking sheet.
- Place the edamame, butter and garlic together and mix well then bake for 10 minutes.
Tip: For vegetarians, use butter instead of non-dairy butter. You can also use fresh finely chopped garlic. If using a pan, make sure to infuse the garlic flavour into the butter by sautéing for an extra 2 minutes at a medium-low heat. Using an oven, bake for an extra 5 minutes.