This is a very simple soup to make and yet it is very tasty.
I love adding some basil and lemon to make it special.
You can also enjoy it as a warm soup.
- 1½ cup boiling water
- 1½ teaspoon konbu and mushroom dashi powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 200g (7oz) shelled frozen edamame
- frozen edamame, for garnish
- Place the boiling water and dashi powder in a pot and boil for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Boil the water and add a pinch of salt, then place the edamame in the water and cook until he edamame float to the surface. Drain and set aside (keep some for garnish).
- Place the cooked edamame, dashi and salt in a blender and blend well. Pour into a bowl and place it in a fridge.
Tip: You can also use vegetable stock powder instead of Japanese dashi powder.