Black Syrup and Kinako
This is one of the most popular dumpling recipes in my cooking class.
- 20 Tofu Shiratama Dango (see recipe)
- 60g (2oz) rapadura or panela sugar
- 50ml (1.fl oz) water
- Kinako mixture
- 2 tablespoon kinako
- 2 tablespoon rapadura or panela sugar
- Pinch of salt
1. To prepare the black syrup, bring the water and 30g (1oz) of brown sugar to the boil over a
medium heat in a small saucepan.
2. Stirring continuously, reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes or until the syrup has slightly
3. Set aside to cool.
4. Combine the kinako, pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon brown sugar together.
5. Roll the dumplings into the mixture in order to coat well.
6. To serve, drizzle the black syrup over the kinako-coated dumplings.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?