Black Syrup and Kinako
This is one of the most popular dumpling recipes in my cooking class.
- 20 Tofu Shiratama Dango (see recipe)
- 60g (2oz) rapadura or panela sugar
- 50ml (1.fl oz) water
- Kinako mixture
- 2 tablespoon kinako
- 2 tablespoon rapadura or panela sugar
- Pinch of salt
1. To prepare the black syrup, bring the water and 30g (1oz) of brown sugar to the boil over a
medium heat in a small saucepan.
2. Stirring continuously, reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes or until the syrup has slightly
3. Set aside to cool.
4. Combine the kinako, pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon brown sugar together.
5. Roll the dumplings into the mixture in order to coat well.
6. To serve, drizzle the black syrup over the kinako-coated dumplings.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
Please come and join my healthy Japanese superfoods cooking class in Sydney. We offer vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free cooking classes that are filled with tasty and easy recipes. You will learn not only cooking skills and tips but also how to use Japanese ancient wisdom on a daily basis for your health, energy, and beauty! Don’t be afraid to make it a group event, team building cooking classes, hens party cooking classes and other group classes are available, the more the merrier! Join my cooking class from HERE or leave me an inquiry HERE.
You don’t live in Sydney?