Okara cookies has become really popular among Japanese girls looking for weight loss.
When you eat dried okara and have some water, it expands in your stomach and keeps you
feeling fuller for longer. Not only that, okara is also high in fibre and contains minerals and
- 150g (5oz) okara
- 100g (3. oz) non-hydrogenated non-dairy butter*
- 80g (2.oz) unrefined sugar
- 100g (3.oz) sesame flour
- 20g (.oz) cornflour (cornstarch
1. Preheat the oven to 130C(265°F).
2. To remove the water from okara, spread okara on a lined baking tray and bake for
30 minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon halfway through cooking. You want okara to weigh
between 70g and 85g (2.–3oz) before you start. Take out the okara and allow it to cool down.
3. Increase the oven temperature to 170C(340°F).
4. Place the okara in a food processor and process until fine.
5. Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and whisk until creamy.
6. Add the flour, cornflour and okara into the butter mixture and mix. Do not over mix.
7. Shape into 2 logs and wrap them in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
Remove and discard plastic wrap.
8. Slice into 1cm-thick (. in) rounds. Place on trays and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Tip: You can dry the okara by cooking in a nonstick frying pan. Cook the okara in the frying pan over a medium heat and keep stirring with a wooden spoon for about 10 to 15 minutes. If you use butter, soften the butter at room temperature, before adding the sugar.It is very important to process the okara in a food processor to create a light and crunchy texture.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
Please come and join my healthy Japanese superfoods cooking class in Sydney. We offer vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free cooking classes that are filled with tasty and easy recipes. You will learn not only cooking skills and tips but also how to use Japanese ancient wisdom on a daily basis for your health, energy, and beauty! Don’t be afraid to make it a group event, team building cooking classes, hens party cooking classes and other group classes are available, the more the merrier! Join my cooking class from HERE or leave me an inquiry HERE.
You don’t live in Sydney?