This is very easy to make.
Just mix together all the ingredients and steam. Kids will love it.
- 1 cup okara
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 70ml (2 1/2fl oz) soymilk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Place all the ingredients, except the oil, in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into four.
- Cut some baking paper into 4 pieces (A4 size).
- Place the mixture onto the baking sheet and shape it like sausage.
- Twist both the ends. Steam the sausage for 5 minutes over boiling water.
- Once steamed, remove the paper and heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the sausage until golden.
- Serve immediately with tomato sauce or make hot dogs with mayonnaise and tomato sauce.
Gluten-free option: Use gluten-free tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
Replace the hot dog bun with a gluten-free version.