Creamy Tomato and Soybean Curry
Adding soymilk to a tomato curry base makes it creamy. This curry is full of soybeans and vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 cups dried soybeans, cooked
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 400g (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 100ml (3.fl oz) soy milk
- 2 cups cooked rice
Garnish ( optional)
- 4 free-range eggs
- Extra oil for frying pan
- 160g (5.oz) mozzarella or pizza cheese, thinly sliced 0r vegan cheese
- Chopped parsley
- Cracked pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium-low heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger then cook until soft and the aroma has come out. Add curry- powder, turmeric and cumin powder and saute. for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked soybeans and the vegetables and saute. for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, salt, tomato and bay leaf and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the soymilk and simmer for 4 minutes.
- To make fried-egg with cheese, heat oil in a frying pan and crack the egg. Turn over when the egg is cooked and place some cheese on top of it. Place lid on and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice (it is served here with Carrot and Quinoa Rice) topped with fried egg with cheese, chopped parsley, and a generous amount of cracked pepper.
Vegan option: Just omit the fried egg and use non-dairy cheese.
Tip: After adding soymilk,do not boil otherwise the curry will start to split.