Creamy Tomato and Soybean Curry
Adding soymilk to a tomato curry base makes it creamy. This curry is full of soybeans and vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 cups dried soybeans, cooked
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 400g (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 100ml (3.fl oz) soy milk
- 2 cups cooked rice
Garnish ( optional)
- 4 free-range eggs
- Extra oil for frying pan
- 160g (5.oz) mozzarella or pizza cheese, thinly sliced 0r vegan cheese
- Chopped parsley
- Cracked pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium-low heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger then cook until soft and the aroma has come out. Add curry- powder, turmeric and cumin powder and saute. for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked soybeans and the vegetables and saute. for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, salt, tomato and bay leaf and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the soymilk and simmer for 4 minutes.
- To make fried-egg with cheese, heat oil in a frying pan and crack the egg. Turn over when the egg is cooked and place some cheese on top of it. Place lid on and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice (it is served here with Carrot and Quinoa Rice) topped with fried egg with cheese, chopped parsley, and a generous amount of cracked pepper.
Vegan option: Just omit the fried egg and use non-dairy cheese.
Tip: After adding soymilk,do not boil otherwise the curry will start to split.
This recipe is from Cooking With Soy. Want to learn more healthy Japanese cooking? Grab my Cooking With Soy for real knowledge of Japanese cuisine and easy recipes using soy!
There are also more exciting recipes in ” Japanese superfoods” and my latest book Top 3 Japanese superfoods for natural weight loss.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
Please come and join my healthy Japanese superfoods cooking class in Sydney. We offer vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free cooking classes that are filled with tasty and easy recipes. You will learn not only cooking skills and tips but also how to use Japanese ancient wisdom on a daily basis for your health, energy, and beauty! Don’t be afraid to make it a group event, team building cooking classes, hens party cooking classes and other group classes are available, the more the merrier! Join my cooking class from HERE or leave me an inquiry HERE.
You don’t live in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?
Don’t worry, I run online Japanese cooking courses! but I open the course 3 times a year. So if you want to be notified, just drop your email address HERE.
Happy Japanese superfoods cooking xx