Baby Spinach and Tofu Salad with Sweet Basil Dressing
This is one of the most popular dishes in my cooking classes. The sweet basil dressing is very refreshing with lots of flavours and textures from the toppings.
- 40g (1.1/2 oz) pine nuts
- 200g (7oz) hard tofu
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g (7oz) baby spinach
- 100g (3.1/2 oz) sun-dried tomato, sliced
- 30g (1oz) basil leaves
- 120ml (4fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 120ml (4fl oz) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons unrefined sugar
- To toast the pine nuts, spread them on a baking tray and place them in a preheated oven at 180? (350°F) for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden. Stir once.
- To dry roast them, cook (without oil) in a large frying pan over a medium heat until golden. Stir constantly and then set aside.
- To make the dressing, put basil, olive oil, white vinegar, salt and sugar in a blender and blend well.
- Crumble the tofu by hand into a bowl, add the red onion, sliced sun-dried tomato and half of the dressing. Mix well.
- Place the baby spinach in a bowl and pour over the rest of the dressing. Toss well. Top with the tofu mixture and pine nuts.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
Please come and join my healthy Japanese superfoods cooking class in Sydney. We offer vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free cooking classes that are filled with tasty and easy recipes. You will learn not only cooking skills and tips but also how to use Japanese ancient wisdom on a daily basis for your health, energy, and beauty! Don’t be afraid to make it a group event, team building cooking classes, hens party cooking classes and other group classes are available, the more the merrier! Join my cooking class from HERE or leave me an inquiry HERE.
You don’t live in Sydney?