Arame and Edamame Salad
This colourful salad is the perfect way to eat seaweed and fresh vegetables. Enjoy the crunchy texture of veggies, edamame and soft arame, which is full of flavour.
- 50g (1.3/4oz) dried arame
- 200g (7oz) shelled edamame
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), sliced thinly
- 100g (3.1/2oz) green beans, sliced
- 80ml (2.1/2fl oz) lemon juice
- Pinch of chilli pepper (optional)
- 200ml (7fl oz) water
- 1 lettuce, washed
1. Soak the arame in water for at least 10 minutes and then drain.
2. Pour some boiling water over frozen edamame and then drain.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a low heat.
4. Add the garlic and ginger, and gently fry for about 3 minutes, or until the garlic is just beginning to colour. Take care not to let it burn.
5. Add arame and saut. for 2 minutes over a medium-high heat then add soy sauce and the 200ml (7fl oz) amount of water, and cook until all the liquid is nearly gone.
6. Place the cooked arame, vegetables, lemon juice and chilli pepper in a bowl and mix well.
7. Serve with lettuce.
Gluten-free option: Use tamari instead of soy sauce.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY VEGAN COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?
Don’t worry, there are two ways to learn Japanese cooking with me.
Online Japanese Cooking Classes and Courses
NEW Japanese online classes are coming soon! For more information, subscribe HERE so you don’t miss out!
ALSO twice per year I run an online Japanese. 30 Day Challenge Course!! The course focuses on weight loss and improving your health! Drop your email address HERE and we’ll notify you about the next challenge!
Plant Based Cookbooks
If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – the real key for Japanese health- you can grab my vegan cookbook “Japanese Superfoods” or “Top 3 Japanese Superfoods for Natural Weightloss” or even better, you can get the “Japanese Superfoods combo deal” to master all Japanese Superfoods.