Tofu ricotta pasta
This is a fantastic way to enjoy tofu ricotta cheese. It’s great to add parmesan cheese (preferably a non-dairy one) into this recipe to enjoy a more cheesy flavour.
- 400g (14oz) penne
- 1 large broccoli, cut into florets
- 80ml (2 1/2fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 tofu ricotta, cut into small pieces (Recipe for Tofu Ricotta: Click Here )
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of rapidly boiling water until it is al dente. Add the broccoli just before it has finished cooking to blanch.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil and garlic in a large saucepan over a medium low heat until it becomes a light golden colour. Add tomato and sauté for 1 minute.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and add them to the garlic mixture with tofu ricotta cheese, parsley and salt.
- Toss to combine and serve with a generous sprinkling of black pepper.
Gluten-free option: Use gluten-free penne pasta.