Tofu Mitarashi Dango
Dango-skewered dumplings are a very popular Wagashi, the traditional Japanese sweets. Mitarashi dango is one of the popular dango which has sweet soy-based sauce. It is vegan and gluten free! Yummy Japanese traditional sweets for everybody!
20 Tofu Shiratama Dango (see recipe)
- 1/2 tablespoon potato starch
- 50ml (1.3/4 fl oz) water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons unrefined sugar
- 1.1/2 tablespoons mirin
1. Thread dumplings onto 6 skewers. Place the skewers under the grill until dumplings turn a slightly brown colour. Alternatively, use a domestic blowtorch to get the colour.
2. Mix potato starch and water. Set aside.
3. Place 50ml (1. 3/4 fl oz) water, soy sauce, sugar and mirin in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
4. Add the potato starch water (mix again just before adding, even though you mixed it earlier) into the boiling sauce and mix well. Cook until thickened.
5. Pour the sauce over the skewered dumplings.
Gluten-free option: Use tamari instead of soy sauce.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY VEGAN COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
Please come and join my healthy Japanese superfoods cooking class in Sydney. We offer vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free cooking classes that are filled with tasty and easy recipes. You will learn not only cooking skills and tips but also how to use Japanese ancient wisdom on a daily basis for your health, energy, and beauty! Don’t be afraid to make it a group event, corporate team building cooking classes, hens party cooking classes and other group classes are available, the more the merrier! Join my cooking class from HERE or leave me an inquiry HERE.
You don’t live in Sydney?
Don’t worry, there are two ways to learn Japanese cooking with me.
NEW Japanese online cooking classes coming soon! More information to come, subscribe HERE so you don’t miss out!
Plant Based Cookbooks
If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – real key for Japanese health, please grab my vegan cookbook “Japanese Superfoods” or “Top 3 Japanese Superfoods for Natural Weightloss” or even better, you can have “Japanese Superfoods combo deal” to master Japanese Superfoods.