Tofu Chocolate Mousse
This one is for adults only.
It has a strong, dark chocolate taste with rum. Coconut oil is the
secret ingredient to set the mousse.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 30g (1oz) good quality pure cocoa (use cocoa that has no sugar or milk powder added)
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or other natural syrup
- 1 packet (300g/10.oz) silken tofu
- 1/4 teaspoon rum essence
- 1 punnet of strawberries or raspberries
1. Place coconut oil, cocoa powder, and agave syrup into a small saucepan over a medium heat
until warmed through and shiny.
2. Add tofu and mix roughly. Heat until tofu is just warm.
3. Place tofu mixture and rum into a food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
4. Pour mixture into four ramekins, cover, and allow to set in the refrigerator for at least an
5. Serve alone or topped with strawberries.
This recipe is from my first cookbook ” Cooking With Soy” Both hardcover and ebook are available There are also more exciting tofu recipes in my latest book ” Japanese superfoods” The best way of learning cooking? Please come and join my healthy vegetarian / vegan cooking classes in Sydney! We offer gluten free cooking, traditional and modern Japanese cooking and more.