Tofu and Tofu skin sausage
It is hard to imagine that you can make sausage using tofu and tofu skin—and it’s tastier than you think. This sausage is amazing as it is or you can grill it just like real sausage.
- 100g (3 1/2oz) dried tofu skin
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 350g (12oz) hard tofu
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 120g (4oz) rice flour
- Soak the dried tofu skin in lukewarm water. When soft, drain.
- Place the tofu skin, with enough water to cover it, and tamari in a saucepan and cook over a medium heat until the liquid is almost gone (about 20 to 30 minutes).
- Place the tofu skin and all the ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Cut baking paper into an A4 size.
- Place 1/4 of the mixture on the baking sheet and shape like a sausage. Then roll with paper. Twist both ends. Repeat for the rest of the mixture.
- Cover, place steamer over a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 20 minutes or until cooked. Set aside to cool.
Tip: Serve these sausages like you would meat sausages.
Try them in a wholemeal sandwich with avocado, alfalfa and baby spinach.
Or at breakfast, serve with some scrambled egg, grilled tomato, avocado and sautéed baby spinach.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?