Shiitake Mushroom Bruschetta
Just fry shiitake in a frying pan and put on bread. Serve this super easy yet impressive finger food for your dinner party or make your quick bite by having on large ciabatta slice. It is great to add different type of Asian mushrooms for fancier version. This immunity powerhouse dish can be prepared basically everything ahead of time, and assemble the toasts right before your guests come through the door!
Make 8 small pieces or 4 large ciabatta slices.
- 8 sliced Baguette / 4 large ciabatta slices
- 200g Shiitake, sliced
- 1 TBSP olive oil for frying + some for drizzling on bread
- 2 garlic clove, chopped finely + 2 for rubbing
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Heat the oil and garlic in a frying pan over medium heat and sauté the mushrooms until golden. As the mushrooms cook, they will release a fair amount of water. Don’t worry, the water will evaporate as the mushrooms start to become golden or some shiitake mushroom can be too dry, in this case add 2 tsp of water to cook.
- Toast the bread in a dry chargrill pan. Rub the cut garlic clove onto one side of each piece of toast. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and spoon on the mushroom topping then sprinkle chopped parsley
If you want to impress your guests, you can reduce half of shiitake amount add other Japanese mushrooms like shimeji, maitake or enoki instead. It will add more texture and flavor.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?