Have you heard of dessert gyoza?
Gyoza (aka. Japanese dumpling) is normally made from pork mince and cabbage but we can also make a dessert version! Apple, pear and banana with chocolate are all great variations!
I love making dessert gyoza in my Japanese gyoza making class! So many people have never tried it before.
- 2 medium sized apple (around 400g) (cut into small bite size)
- 2 TBSP agave syrup or other sweetener
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 packet gow see wrapper (1 packet – 30 to 35 pieces)
- Coconut oil (for frying)
- Maple syrup or Ice cream for serving (optional)
- Add apples, agave syrup and lemon juice in a small pot.
- Bring to medium-high heat and, stir well until apples have softened about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool set aside. Note: Make sure apple is completely cool before wrapping the gyoza apple, otherwise pastry will break!
- Add a table spoon to gyoza skin and fold to the gyoza shape.
- Cook using coconut oil
- Serve with maple syrup and ice cream!
Below is a quick how to video!