Green Tea French Toast
Super easy egg and dairy free French toast that’s quick to prepare and perfect for vegans. The bread instantly absorbs the milk unlike traditional French toast.
Green tea really wakes you up so why not add it to your breakfast to start the day.
- 2 bread slices or 4 slices of baguette
- 150ml (5fl oz) soy milk
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 tsp agave/maple syrup
- Coconut/neutral oil for frying
- Green tea coconut mix (optional, see recipe)
- Mix 1 teaspoon of green tea powder with a small amount of milk to make a smooth paste and then mix with the remaining milk.
- Heat the oil in a frying a pan, while oil is heating dip bread into the green tea milk and soak for 5 seconds just long enough to absorb the milk.
- Add soaked bread to the hot pan, cover with lid and leave for 3 minutes on a low heat. After 3 minutes turn over the bread and cover for another 2 minutes.
- While the bread is toasting, mix 1teaspoon of desiccated coconut together with 1teaspoon of green tea powder and set aside.
- Once the bread is toasted on both sides remove from the pan to the plate and top with green tea coconut mix (optional) and your favourite syrup.
Make sure the pan is hot before soaking the bread as the process is very fast.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY VEGAN COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?
Don’t worry, there are two ways to learn Japanese cooking with me.
NEW Japanese online cooking classes coming soon! More information to come, subscribe HERE so you don’t miss out!
ALSO twice per year I run an online Japanese 30 Day Challenge Course!! Focusing on weight loss and improving your health! Drop your email address HERE and we’ll notify you about the next challenge!
Plant Based Cookbooks
If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – real key for Japanese health, please grab my vegan cookbook “Japanese Superfoods” or “Top 3 Japanese Superfoods for Natural Weightloss” or even better, you can have “Japanese Superfoods combo deal” to master Japanese Superfoods.