Tofu Ricotta, Mushroom and Spinach Pie
I bet nobody but you will notice that there is tofu in this pie as the tofu ricotta will melt. Just make sure to season the tofu ricotta with salt and pepper for the best result. Please bake this pie for your tofu-hating friends.
- 1 bunch silverbeet (swiss chard), white stems removed, washed, with water clinging to the leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 400g (14oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 sheets frozen ready-rolled puff pastry
- 4 tofu ricotta, sliced (see Tofu Ricotta recipe)
- Extra salt, for seasoning ricotta
- Cracked black pepper
- Extra soymilk, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place silverbeet in a saucepan. Cover with a lid and cook over a low heat for 2 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the mushrooms. Sauté until softened, and add the spinach, salt, and nutmeg and sauté for a further 1 minute. Then set aside.
- Partially thaw pastry sheet just before baking.
- Cut each pastry sheet in quarters. Place on the sliced ricotta and season with salt and pepper.
- Then place spinach and mushroom on the pie sheet.
- Fold the sheet to close. Using a fork, press edges together to seal.
- Repeat with remaining pastry squares and fillings. Place on prepared tray. Brush pastry with soymilk
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and puffed, then serve.