Amazake Ice Cream
Everyone loves ice cream! This is a recipe for a nutritious ice cream free from refined sugar made with the Japanese non-alcoholic drink, amazake. Amazake is a sweet, traditional Japanese drink made from fermented rice and contains lots of probiotics and prebiotics that contribute to better gut health. Amazake is perfect for summer as well as it gives you a boost of energy and helps combat fatigue. In fact, the Samurai used to drink amazake before battles and as such, it is often called the Samurai’s Red Bull!
- 100g amazake
- 100 ml soymilk
- 1 TBSP oil
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients well in a blender and put in a container.
- Once it freezes, mix again
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour into a container and freeze over night.
- Place the frozen mixture in a food processor then freeze again (or simply mix with a Wooden spoon).
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?
– Online Course
I run online Japanese cooking courses! but I open the course 3 times a year. So if you want to be notified, just drop your email address HERE
– Plant Based Cookbook
You can grab my vegan cookbook “Japanese superfoods“
If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – real key for Japanese health, grab my latest edition Now!