Let’s use Japanese superfoods as a medicine with lots of great side effects rather than use conventional medicine with bad side effects?
What can you use natural cold & flu medicine with great side effects?
KUZU! check out my last post if you have never heard about it!
KUZU AS COLD & FLU MEDICINE
In Japan, Kuzu is most commonly used to prevent and cure cold and flu symptoms. Traditionally, Japanese households used to keep some high quality kuzu starch in their pantry as a staple for home remedies. Grandmothers used it to prepare kuzu-yu (kuzu starch gruel) when their family members caught colds.
A concoction of kuzu called “kakkonto” is a Japanese herbal medicine drink that originated from traditional Chinese medicine. Kakkonto translates literally to “Kuzu root hot water” It is made from a mixture of 7 ingredients including ginger, and cinnamon, with the main ingredient being the root of the kuzu plant.
Due to kuzu’s effectiveness in promoting perspiration and the alleviating fever, Kuzu decoction extract is added to over-the-counter medicines.
Kakkonto is really popular in China and Japan, and even today kakkonto (instant varieties) with powder or capsule and real one are still available for purchase in pharmacies.
Japanese organic kuzu – Natural cold & flu medicine with full of good side effects
Let’s talk about conventional cold & flu medicine, which I used to take without giving it a second thought because I have been so indoctrinated into believing in this process
contains: ( click to see side effects)
There are so many side effects such as
- Bloody or black, tarry stools
- bloody or cloudy urine
- fever with or without chills (not present before treatment and not caused by the condition being treated)
- pain in the lower back and/or side (severe and/or sharp)
- pinpoint red spots on the skin
- skin rash, hives, or itching
- sore throat (not present before treatment and not caused by the condition being treated)
- sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
- sudden decrease in the amount of urine
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- yellow eyes or skin
I really can’t list all since there are too many! Click to see the list of side effects of each compounds above
CHEMICAL ACCUMULATION = DISEASE
GREAT SIDE EFFECTS OF KUZU?
- contribute to prevention of cancer (exhibit anti-tumor activity in breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, ovarian cancer )
- reduce inflammatory conditions
- lower blood pressure
- prevent atherosclerosis
- relieve allergic reaction
- lower cholesterol
- down-regulate blood glucose and have the potential to treat type I and II diabetes
- reduce menopause symptoms
- promote healthy aging
- detoxify all kinds of poison
- alleviate stiff muscles
Apple kuzu – tasty flu medicine / natural relaxing concoction It may also help counterbalance contraction, tightness, cramping, as well as tension, anger, and irritability. It also may help digestive disorders.
I am not telling you not to take any medicine, but I’d suggest not taking it unless it’s absolutely necessary. I definitely choose medicinal foods for cold and flu for example. It is time to stop poisoning yourself with cold & flu medicine, use Japanese superfoods with full of great side effects to prevent or treat cold & flu this winter!
Happy healthy cooking
Want to make lots of yummy desserts and meal using kuzu with me? Please come and join my healthy Japanese cooking classes in Sydney! It is the best if you can touch, cook and taste!
Live far away but want to know more about kuzu? My cookbook Japanese superfoods definitely can help with that!