Who doesn’t like some nice hot chips? These oven-baked chips will save the buck of premade chips and bring you the bang of knowing exactly which potato the chips came from. And don’t forget to spice up your fries with some nice wasabi salt. The wasabi flavour will give the chips a nice, savoury coat, cancelling out any blandness. Wasabi salt is also great with other fried food, like tempura and white fish (if you are a non-vegetarian eater).
Yield: 5 TBSP
- 2.5 TBSP of sea salt
- 2.5 TBSP wasabi powder
- Mix wasabi and sea salt well.
- Store the remainder in an airtight container and use it as needed.
- Wasabi flavour goes away after a couple of days so it is ideal to use it up on the day.
- 1.2 kg large floury potatoes
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Heat oven to 200C
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into long chip shapes
- Spread the chips on a large non-stick baking tray and toss with oil.
- Lay them flat in a single layer – use two trays rather than overcrowd one.
- Roast for 45-50 mins, turning now and then.
- When cooked they should be golden brown and crisp with a light fluffy centre. Sprinkle with wasabi sea salt or green tea salt to serve.
This recipe is from my Japanese Superfoods Cookbook
If you want to know more about Japanese superfoods and how to use them in your cooking, grab a copy of my book!
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY VEGAN COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?
Don’t worry, there are two ways to learn Japanese cooking with me.
NEW Japanese online cooking classes coming soon! More information to come, subscribe HERE so you don’t miss out!
ALSO twice per year I run an online Japanese 30 Day Challenge Course!! Focusing on weight loss and improving your health! Drop your email address HERE and we’ll notify you about the next challenge!
Plant Based Cookbooks
If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – real key for Japanese health, please grab my vegan cookbook “Japanese Superfoods” or “Top 3 Japanese Superfoods for Natural Weightloss” or even better, you can have “Japanese Superfoods combo deal” to master Japanese Superfoods.