Super Easy Cauliflower Soup
I make this at least 5 times during winter. One of the easiest soups I ever made. Just cook cauliflower in stock and blend with kuzu. I used to love French style cauliflower soup. Frying onion and flour, adding cream and eggyolk. So yummy but takes time and is high calories. I choose the easier and healthier version, and trust me, it is yummy! My husband adores this.
To tell you the truth, I actually never measure ingredients. Cut the cauliflower then cover the cauliflower with water then add vegan chicken stock and salt – when I feel like making this soup very creamy or when me or my hubby is coming down with cold, I add KUZU, the natural flu medicine
- 1 medium head Cauliflower (about1200g), broken into small florets
- 1.5 LTwater
- 2 MSG free vegetable / vegan chicken stock cubes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp kuzu, dissolved with 2 Tbsp water (optional)
- Cauliflower outer leaf
- In a large pot, place the cauliflower, water, salt and stock cubes.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 mins. Remove from heat toslightly cool down.
- Purée the mixture, add the Kuzu water and cook over medium heat for 5mins or until soup get thicken.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle of julienned cauliflower outer leaf or your favorite herb.
This video is just a compiled of very quick snaps I took during the making this soup. You may find it easier to follow the steps. Hope it helps:
I also love making cauliflower pasta. You can put less stock to make the soup thicker and use as a creamy pasta sauce. Steam the outer leaf of cauliflower (don’t throw away!) then shred and add to the pasta. The outer leaf actually enhances the soup or sauces taste of “cauliflower”in a good way!
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?