Delicious Natto Croquette (Even if you don’t like natto!)
The potato and deep-fry process of this dish makes it luring even to natto haters (my serious natto hater husband can handle this dish! He said he can kill the flavour with tomato sauce… oh dear…). For beginners and people who don’t appreciate natto flavour, you can start from one pack of natto and increase the input later.
- 3 packets of natto (1 pack is 45 grams)
- 4 large potatoes (about 450 grams)
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 small onion
- Wholemeal flour
- Steam potato and mash.
- Slowly fry the onion in oil.
- Mix mashed potato, salt, parsley and natto.
- Divide into 8 and shape into rounds.
- Coat with flour, then soy milk and roll into bread crumbs.
- Shallow fry the croquette until golden brown.
- Serve with BBQ sauce or tomato sauce.
- To achieve the gluten-free version, use rice flour or corn starch instead (rice flour gives a crispier outcome) and use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- If you are still in the stage of “getting used to natto”, you can start with one or two packets of natto but if you LOVE natto, go for 4 packets!!!
This recipe is from my Japanese Superfoods Cookbook
If you want to know more about Japanese superfoods and how to use them in your cooking, grab a copy of my book!
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY VEGAN COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?
Don’t worry, there are two ways to learn Japanese cooking with me.
NEW Japanese online cooking classes coming soon! More information to come, subscribe HERE so you don’t miss out!
ALSO twice per year I run an online Japanese 30 Day Challenge Course!! Focusing on weight loss and improving your health! Drop your email address HERE and we’ll notify you about the next challenge!
Plant Based Cookbooks
If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – real key for Japanese health, please grab my vegan cookbook “Japanese Superfoods” or “Top 3 Japanese Superfoods for Natural Weightloss” or even better, you can have “Japanese Superfoods combo deal” to master Japanese Superfoods.