Instant wakame soup
Great for a snack or even as a side dish to boost your fibre or alkalinity intake.
Having seaweeds regularly is great for your health since seaweeds are so nutritious with almost no calories and it is also a very alkalising food (great for overall health).
Plus brown seaweeds like Wakame contain both soluble fibre and insoluble fibre – meaning great for our gut health. Soluble fibre dissolves into our gut and absorbs toxins, insoluble fibre is great for bowel movement.
- 300ml (10.5fl oz) hot water
- 1/2 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 1/2 tsp cut wakame
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of soy sauce
Option to add:
- Chopped shallots
- Ground roasted sesame
- Roasted sesame oil
- Boil water then adds a vegetable stock, wakame, soy sauce and season to taste.
- Add any optional ingredients.
Dried wakame, alkalising brown seaweed great for gut health.
WANT TO HEALTHIER SOUP COOK RATHER THAN INSTANT VERSION?
- Cook stock powder in boiling water for at least 2 minutes to enhance the flavour
- Add wakame after simmering the stock for 2 mins to avoid overcooking
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY VEGAN COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?
– Online Course
I run online Japanese cooking courses! but I open the course 3 times a year. So if you want to be notified, just drop your email address HERE
– Plant Based Cookbook
You can grab my vegan cookbook “Japanese superfoods“
If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – real key for Japanese health, grab my latest edition Now!