Beetroot, Apple, Carrot, Walnuts and Tofu Salad
This is a delicious winter salad. The tofu also becomes pink so nobody will notice there is tofu in the salad. Crunchy, soft, nutty, sweet—this recipe is full of various textures and flavours.
- 1 raw beetroot (150g/5oz), grated
- 1 carrot (100g/3.1/2 oz), grated
- 1 apple (100g/3.1/2 oz), grated
- 150g (5oz) hard tofu, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or any neutral
- tasting oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 40g (1.1/2 oz) walnuts, roasted and crushed
- 2 teaspoons honey
1. Mix all the ingredients together.
2. You can add honey if the apple is not sweet enough.
3. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Tip: You can also add beetroot leaves and stems. To add them, boil and chop them finely.
Vegan version: Use agave syrup or rice syrup instead of honey.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
Please come and join my healthy Japanese superfoods cooking class in Sydney. We offer vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free cooking classes that are filled with tasty and easy recipes. You will learn not only cooking skills and tips but also how to use Japanese ancient wisdom on a daily basis for your health, energy, and beauty! Don’t be afraid to make it a group event, team building cooking classes, hens party cooking classes and other group classes are available, the more the merrier! Join my cooking class from HERE or leave me an inquiry HERE.
You don’t live in Sydney?