Tofu Choco Banana
This is a really easy and nutritious dessert! Cooked banana works as a setting agent. The delicious and strong banana and coco-powder neutralizes the tofu taste, yet the tofu still delivers a rich and creamy texture.
- 300g (10.oz) banana flesh, sliced
- 300g (10.oz) silken tofu
- 25g (.oz) pure cocoa powder
- 50ml (1.fl oz) soy milk
- 30g (1oz) unrefined sugar
Garnish and filling
- 2 medium-sized bananas, peel and cut into
- 1cm (.in) thick for filling and slice thinly for garnish
- Some chervil leaves
1. Heat the sliced banana in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook until well mashed.
2. Place the tofu, cooked banana, cocoa powder, soy milk and sugar into the food processor and process until smooth.
3. Spoon half the tofu mixture into the bottom of the serving dish. Layer on the sliced banana. Top with the remaining tofu mixture. Refrigerate until cool.
4. To serve, garnish with thinly sliced banana and chervil leaves.
5. Alternatively, you can serve this in individual glasses. Spoon half the tofu mixture among six serving glasses.
Place equal amounts of banana in each glass, spreading it over the tofu. Top each glass with the remaining tofu. Refrigerate until cool.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?