Tofu Choco Banana
This Friday is Good Friday, meaning Easter is upon us this weekend! What better way to celebrate the occasion than with a delicious, and healthy dessert? This Tofu Choco Banana is super easy to make, meaning it could be a great activity for kids to attempt, and the whole family to enjoy. If you are planning on having guests over, giving them the gift of a delicious dessert will be a great way to demonstrate your skills and show them how much you care about them. Desserts are one of the best conversation starters, so give this a try!
If you’re worried about tofu not complementing the rest of the dessert – don’t worry! In this recipe, cooked banana works as a setting agent. The delicious and strong banana and cocoa-powder neutralizes the tofu taste, yet the tofu still delivers a rich and creamy texture.
- 300g (10.oz) banana flesh, sliced
- 300g (10.oz) silken tofu
- 25g (.oz) pure cocoa powder
- 50ml (1.fl oz) soy milk
- 30g (1oz) unrefined sugar
Garnish and filling
- 2 medium-sized bananas, peel and cut into
- 1cm (.in) thick for filling and slice thinly for garnish
- Some chervil leaves
1. Heat the sliced banana in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook until well mashed.
2. Place the tofu, cooked banana, cocoa powder, soy milk and sugar into the food processor and process until smooth.
3. Spoon half the tofu mixture into the bottom of the serving dish. Layer on the sliced banana. Top with the remaining tofu mixture. Refrigerate until cool.
4. To serve, garnish with thinly sliced banana and chervil leaves.
5. Alternatively, you can serve this in individual glasses. Spoon half the tofu mixture among six serving glasses.
Place equal amounts of banana in each glass, spreading it over the tofu. Top each glass with the remaining tofu. Refrigerate until cool.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
Please come and join my healthy Japanese superfoods cooking class in Sydney. We offer vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free cooking classes that are filled with tasty and easy recipes. You will learn not only cooking skills and tips but also how to use Japanese ancient wisdom on a daily basis for your health, energy, and beauty! Don’t be afraid to make it a group event, team building cooking classes, hens party cooking classes and other group classes are available, the more the merrier! Join my cooking class from HERE or leave me an inquiry HERE.
You don’t live in Sydney?