Tofu and Okara Nuggets
If you are looking for healthy vegan nuggets, here is the answer! Before I became a vegetarian, I used to make a tofu and chicken mince nuggets recipe for my cooking class. I then noticed that all other recipes I created for my Tofusion cooking class were vegetarian, and so I decided to make the nuggets totally vegetarian. I substituted chicken with okara and added vegetable stock. It went very well. Seriously, it tastes almost the same as the chicken version.
- 250g (9oz) okara
- 1/2 onion, finely grated
- 1/2 potato, finely grated
- 250g (9oz) hard tofu, crumbled finely by hand
- 3 tablespoons potato starch
- 2 teaspoons MSG-free vegetable stock powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1.1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1. To make honey mustard, combine the honey and mustard.
2. Place the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and, using your hands, mix until well combined. Shape tablespoons of mixture into nuggets.
3. Heat oil in a saucepan over a high heat. When oil is hot, deep-fry the nuggets until golden.
4. Drain the nuggets on absorbent paper.
5. Serve with honey mustard and sweet chilli sauce
Vegan option: For a vegan alternative, use agave syrup instead of honey.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY VEGAN COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?
Don’t worry, there are two ways to learn Japanese cooking with me.
Online Japanese Cooking Classes and Courses
NEW Japanese online classes are coming soon! For more information, subscribe HERE so you don’t miss out!
ALSO twice per year I run an online Japanese. 30 Day Challenge Course!! The course focuses on weight loss and improving your health! Drop your email address HERE and we’ll notify you about the next challenge!
Plant Based Cookbooks
If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – the real key for Japanese health- you can grab my vegan cookbook “Japanese Superfoods” or “Top 3 Japanese Superfoods for Natural Weightloss” or even better, you can get the “Japanese Superfoods combo deal” to master all Japanese Superfoods.