Looking for something sweet and refreshing this summer? I have just the right thing for you – Vegan Mango Pudding!
Unlike ordinary mango pudding, this is dairy-free and contains zero animal products like gelatine and cream. A little lemon juice intensifies the full flavour of the mango, and soy milk makes the pudding nice and creamy.
- 100ml (3. fl oz) water
- 100ml (3. fl oz) soy milk
- 2 tablespoons unrefined caster sugar
- teaspoon concentrated agar-agar powder *
- 2 cups diced mango
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Pieces of diced mango
1. Place water, soy milk, sugar and agar in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for at least 2 minutes.
2. Place the mango in a blender and blend well. Add to the soy milk mixture and mix well.
3. Pour the mixture equally into four glasses and refrigerate until set and cool.
4. Serve with diced mango
Tip: If your mango is not fully ripened, add fresh orange juice instead of lemon juice or add extra sugar.
* I like a soft texture so I add the minimum amount of agar agar powder. Ensure you scrape all the mixture from the side of the pot, with a silicon spatula; this way you will not miss any agar-agar when you stir. If you use agar flakes or stick, put in four times more than the concentrated agar-agar powder (2 teaspoons). If you use Japanese agar-agar powder, put two times more (1 teaspoon)
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY VEGAN COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
Please come and join my healthy Japanese superfoods cooking class in Sydney. We offer vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free cooking classes that are filled with tasty and easy recipes. You will learn not only cooking skills and tips but also how to use Japanese ancient wisdom on a daily basis for your health, energy, and beauty! Don’t be afraid to make it a group event, corporate team building cooking classes, hens party cooking classes and other group classes are available, the more the merrier! Join my cooking class from HERE or leave me an inquiry HERE.
You don’t live in Sydney?
Don’t worry, there are two ways to learn Japanese cooking with me.
NEW Japanese online cooking classes coming soon! More information to come, subscribe HERE so you don’t miss out!
Plant Based Cookbooks
If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – real key for Japanese health, please grab my vegan cookbook “Japanese Superfoods” or “Top 3 Japanese Superfoods for Natural Weightloss” or even better, you can have “Japanese Superfoods combo deal” to master Japanese Superfoods.