Have you ever cooked a delicious meal that also assists you in your weight loss? If you read my previous blogpost about the magical benefits of Konnyaku, the main one being that it is the ‘broom of the stomach’ you will know that Konnyaku’s ability to clean out the intestines and expand in the stomach makes it a perfect weight loss food.
If you are looking for a refreshing entree as your first taste of Konnyaku, why not try making Konnyaku Carpaccio. Bright colour sauce with thinly sliced konnyaku is easy to impress your guests! Not big fan of konnyaku’s chewy texture? If you marinade the day before, the konnyaku chewy texture will disappear.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 250g (9oz) white konnyaku (1sheet), thinly sliced or you can use konnyaku lasagna sheet
- 1 red capsicum (about 270g/9.5oz), remove seeds and roughly chopped 1.5 tbsp rice vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or other sweetener
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- Chopped your favourite fresh herb like parsley, oregano or basil
- Cook the sliced konnyaku with boiling water for 5 minutes. If you are using konnyaku lasagna sheets, just rinse or follow the instruction from the packet.
- Drain and set aside (this will remove water from konnyaku and remove the smell. It also helps to absorb the flavour of the marinade.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until well mixed. It doesn’t need to be totally smooth.
- Marinade konnyaku with the mixture. Leave at least for 1 hour.
- Arrange the konnyaku on a plate and sprinkle chopped herbs.
It is also nice to serve with baby salad leaves.
This recipe is from me vegan cookbook. You can grab my vegan cookbook “Japanese superfoods“ If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – real key for Japanese health, grab my latest edition Now!
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
Please come and join my healthy Japanese superfoods cooking class in Sydney. We offer vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free cooking classes that are filled with tasty and easy recipes. You will learn not only cooking skills and tips but also how to use Japanese ancient wisdom on a daily basis for your health, energy, and beauty! Don’t be afraid to make it a group event, team building cooking classes, hens party cooking classes and other group classes are available, the more the merrier! Join my cooking class from HERE or leave me an inquiry HERE.
You don’t live in Sydney?