Last week in my blog I told you all about the importance of using the skin of the daikon to make sure you maximise your Vitamin C intake.
So today, I wanted to give you a recipe to do just that, Garlic and Pepper Daikon Rice!
Garlic and pepper daikon rice
This recipe is just perfect for this time of year because it uses seasonal veggies (i.e. daikon) and also is warm and nourishing. It is also the perfect way to introduce someone or a child to daikon, because the vegetable is secretly hidden in the rice! So enjoy!
- 2 cup medium grain rice
- 2.5 cup water
- 150g daikon, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp stock powder or 1 cube stock
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1TBSP olive oil
- Wash the rice.
- Heat the garlic and oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add Daikon and salt.
- Cook and stir over until slightly soft then stir in rice and stock powder thoroughly to coat the rice then add the water.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Top with chopped parsley or Daikon leaves and generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
This recipe is from my Japanese Superfood Cookbook, where you can find lots more tips and recipes to incorporate into your cooking.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY VEGAN COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?
Don’t worry, there are two ways to learn Japanese cooking with me.
NEW Japanese online cooking classes coming soon! More information to come, subscribe HERE so you don’t miss out!
ALSO twice per year I run an online Japanese 30 Day Challenge Course!! Focusing on weight loss and improving your health! Drop your email address HERE and we’ll notify you about the next challenge!
Plant Based Cookbooks
If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – real key for Japanese health, please grab my vegan cookbook “Japanese Superfoods” or “Top 3 Japanese Superfoods for Natural Weightloss” or even better, you can have “Japanese Superfoods combo deal” to master Japanese Superfoods.