Fresh Rice Paper Roll with Chia and Thai Marinade Tofu
This recipe is perfect for our warm, summer weather and provides a simple and delicious way to help reach your daily protein and omega 3 intake. This dish is completely vegan and gluten free, so it is perfect for everyone and you can be sure that you are eating fresh and clean. It is also a fantastic way to enjoy tofu and chia seeds and eat lots of vegetables as well as providing an easy, light and healthy entrée.
- 200g (7oz) firm tofu
- 8 x rice paper sheets
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, soak with 2 tablespoons water
- 80g (2.1/2 oz) snow peas, julienned
- 80g (2.1/2 oz) carrots, cut into thin strips
- Half red capsicum, cut into thin strips
Thai flavoured tofu marinade sauce
- 120ml (4fl oz) sweet chilli sauce
- 30ml (1fl oz) lime juice
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- coriander, chopped
1. Pat the tofu with kitchen paper and cut into strips.
2. To make Thai marinade, mix all ingredients in a bowl.
3. Place the tofu into the marinade; mix and leave for at least two hours.
4. Wet the rice paper with lukewarm water.
5. Spread the chia seeds on the rice paper.
6. Place the tofu and the veggies, and roll.
7. Fold in the sides then roll up to enclose the filling. Serve with remaining marinade mix
You can also sprinkle chia seeds, without soaking them, on the rice paper. This is easier than spread-soaked chia seeds. Make sure your filling touches the chia seeds so they get lots of moisture. Leave at least 10 minutes after rolling to make sure all chia seeds absorb liquid.
Gluten-free option: Use tamari instead of soy.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY VEGAN COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?
Don’t worry, there are two ways to learn Japanese cooking with me.
Online Japanese Cooking Classes and Courses
NEW Japanese online classes are coming soon! For more information, subscribe HERE so you don’t miss out!
ALSO twice per year I run an online Japanese. 30 Day Challenge Course!! The course focuses on weight loss and improving your health! Drop your email address HERE and we’ll notify you about the next challenge!
Plant Based Cookbooks
If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – the real key for Japanese health- you can grab my vegan cookbook “Japanese Superfoods” or “Top 3 Japanese Superfoods for Natural Weightloss” or even better, you can get the “Japanese Superfoods combo deal” to master all Japanese Superfoods.