Daikon Skin Kinpira
Serves 4 as a small side dish
Daikon skin has double the amount of vitamin C than the flesh. Only the skin contains rutin which helps the body to absorb the vitamin C, is high in antioxidants and strengthens the capillaries. If your daikon is not organic then soak it in water and apple cider vinegar to remove any pesticides.
- 1 large daikon (950 g / 33.5 oz) to produce 250 g (9 oz) of diakon skin
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp unrefined sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ground sesame
- ¼ tsp chilli powder (optional)
- Cut the daikon into approx. 10 cm (4 in) lengths then using a large knife make a cut below the skin 2 mm (0.1 in) deep and peel around the daikon to remove all the skin in one piece.
- Cut the skin into 5 mm (0.2 in) strips.
- Heat the pan with sesame oil then fry the daikon strips.
- Add the sugar and mirin and continue to fry.
- When the daikon is almost cooked add the soy sauce, ground sesame and chilli powder.
If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – real key for Japanese health, grab my latest edition Now!
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY VEGAN COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
Please come and join my healthy Japanese superfoods cooking class in Sydney. We offer vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free cooking classes that are filled with tasty and easy recipes. You will learn not only cooking skills and tips but also how to use Japanese ancient wisdom on a daily basis for your health, energy, and beauty! Don’t be afraid to make it a group event, corporate team building cooking classes, hens party cooking classes and other group classes are available, the more the merrier! Join my cooking class from HERE or leave me an inquiry HERE.
You don’t live in Sydney?
Don’t worry, there are two ways to learn Japanese cooking with me.
NEW Japanese online cooking classes coming soon! More information to come, subscribe HERE so you don’t miss out!
Plant Based Cookbooks
If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – real key for Japanese health, please grab my vegan cookbook “Japanese Superfoods” or “Top 3 Japanese Superfoods for Natural Weightloss” or even better, you can have “Japanese Superfoods combo deal” to master Japanese Superfoods.