Strawberry Amazake Pudding
This vegan Strawberry Amazake pudding recipe is perfect for when you are sick or have no appetite! It is gluten-free and dairy-free, a recipe for everyone!
Amazake is a traditional, sweet, low to non-alcoholic Japanese drink made from fermented rice. Amazake is so nourishing to help your body heal and it is easy to digest. It contains both probiotics and prebiotics which contribute to a healthy gut and acts as an immune system booster!
So next time you or someone else in your family has the sniffles or no appetite, try making this simple and delicious recipe to reduce sick symptoms and strengthen your immune system. You’ll be glad you did!
- 400ml soymilk
- 30g kuzu
- 50g amazake or 30g sugar
- 300g strawberry, cut into 4
- 50ml light agave
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- To cook the strawberry sauce, place all ingredients into a pot and cook over low heat until the strawberries are soft and starting to break down.
- Place soymilk, kuzu and amazake in a medium-size pot and dissolve well. Heat them over high heat first and stir consistently. Once it begins to boil, reduce heat to low and stir very well until the mixture is thick.
- Once the mixture gets thick, add strawberry sauce and mix well. Then pour into four glasses and out in a fridge.
- When solid, place the rest of the strawberry sauce on top.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?
– Online Course
I run online Japanese cooking courses! but I open the course 3 times a year. So if you want to be notified, just drop your email address HERE
– Plant Based Cookbook
You can grab my vegan cookbook “Japanese superfoods“
If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – real key for Japanese health, grab my latest edition Now!