Vegan Pear, Chia, and Tofu Energy-Boosting Sorbet
This tasty, vegan sorbet recipe won in a competition and awarded me the title of Cooking School of The Year. The tofu adds a little bit of creaminess and chia seeds give a solid texture to the sorbet. Not only is this vegan dessert refreshing and protein-rich, the healthy ingredients offer an energy boost that will help you get through the hot, sticky weather.
- 700g Pear
- 150g silken tofu
- 3 TBSP Chia seeds
- 4 TBSP light agave nectar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Some pear for garnish (optional)
- Wash the pears very well (soak in water and apple cider vinegar is my favourite way to remove pesticide if not organic) and chop it into small pieces.
- Put the pear in the freezer bag and put in the freezer.
- Place the tofu and chia seed in a food processor and blend well. Leave for 30mins or until the chia seeds and tofu mixture get solid (* if you grind the chia seeds before mixing with tofu, the mixture solidify straight away. )
- Add lemon juice and agave nectar to the mixture and process well. Add frozen pear and process further until the mixture gets smooth completely.
- Serve immediately.
DO YOU NEED HEALTHY COOKING INSPIRATIONS?
Do you know I run a cooking school in Sydney?
You don’t live in Sydney?
– Online Course
I run online Japanese cooking courses! but I open the course 3 times a year. So if you want to be notified, just drop your email address HERE
– Plant Based Cookbook
You can grab my vegan cookbook “Japanese superfoods“
If you want to cook more easy and tasty Japanese vegan meals using Japanese superfoods – real key for Japanese health, grab my latest edition Now!