APPLE, CELERY AND LETTUCE SALAD
WITH WASABI MAYONNAISE
Fresh, crunchy, fruity, creamy salad with a kick of wasabi.
- 2 small apples (about 300 g / 10.5 oz)
- 160 g (5.5 oz) lettuce leaves
- 2 stalks of celery (about 200 g / 7 oz), sliced 40 g (1 oz) chopped toasted walnuts
- 4 tbsp wasabi mayo (see recipe on page 196) 4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp water
- ½ tsp salt
- Wash apple thoroughly and cut into small slices.
- In a small bowl, mix the wasabi mayo with lemon juice, water and salt.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the apple, lettuce and celery and the wasabi dressing. Sprinkle with chopped toasted walnuts and serve at once.
This recipe is from my cookbook ” Japanese superfoods“
There are also more exciting recipes in ” Cooking With Soy“
Don’t forget to check my latest book Top 3 Japanese superfoods for natural weight loss
The best way of learning cooking?
Please come and join my healthy vegetarian / vegan cooking classes in Sydney!
We offer gluten free cooking, traditional and modern Japanese cooking and more.