Tofu tomato marinade
Grate fresh tomato onto tofu with basil. This makes a fantastic summer delight!
Perfect for entertaining your guests as well !
- 1 tube tofu
- 2 ripened large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Some pepper
- Some small basil leaves
1. To remove the excess water from tofu, place enough water to cover the tofu in a small pan and bring to the boil. Place the tofu gently into the pot, and reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. When the tofu is cool, slice the tofu into 1cm (¼in) slices and place onto the plate.
3. Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl.
4. Pour the marinade over the tofu and place in a fridge.
5. Just before serving, grate the tomato onto the tofu and sprinkle over the basil leaves.
Tip: You can use 1 packet of silken tofu (about 300g/10½oz) instead of tube tofu.
This recipe is from my first cookbook ” Cooking With Soy”
There are also more exiting tofu recipes in my latest book ” Japanese superfoods”
Best way of leaning cooking? Please come and join my healthy vegetarian / vegan cooking classes in Sydney!
We offer gluten free cooking, traditional and modern Japanese cooking and more. Let’s cook together!!