Tofu, Cashew and Maple Ice-cream
This is a very rich and creamy ice-cream and it is really easy to make. The richness comes
from the cashew nuts and tofu. It is a protein-rich ice-cream without the dairy and still
tastes amazing. Cashews and maple are a wonderful combination!
- 600g (21oz) silken firm tofu
- 420g (15oz) unsalted cashew nuts
- 160ml (5.fl oz) maple syrup
- cashew nuts, crushed
- maple syrup
1. Place all the ingredients, except tofu, in a food processor and process until smooth. Add tofu
and process further.
2. Place in a container with a lid and put in the freezer.
3. Stir the mixture 2 hours later and freeze again until set.
4. Serve with crushed cashew nuts and pour maple syrup over it.
Tip: If you can stir the mixture every 2 hours for three times, the outcome is even better.
This recipe is from my first cookbook ” Cooking With Soy”
There are also more exciting tofu recipes in my latest book ” Japanese superfoods”
The best way of learning cooking? Please come and join my healthy vegetarian / vegan cooking classes in Sydney!
We offer gluten free cooking, traditional and modern Japanese cooking and more. Let’s cook together!!